What’s your story with money?
Despite our best intentions many of us are still in quite a prickly relationship with our finances. We know we need to get on top of things, but the mere thought of beginning the process creates worry, anxiety and a knot in our stomache’s.
Still... in 2012, there are too many women who have handed over the keys to their financial health to someone else - a husband or financial planner - OR choose to put off the work of powerfully managing their money in the name of avoiding what can be perceived as painful, difficult or out of their control.
Many of us have been taught that talking about money is taboo, or that being ambitious or desiring wealth makes us masculine and mercenary.
The truth is as women with money we have the ability to live out our destiny while creating a path to change the world with our unique talents, values and motivations. It’s time to get over the STORY and create a PLAN... without feeling like we HAVE to play by the “old rules.”
Keep reading if:
- you leave all of the decisions about the investing of your financial resources (*read below if you’re a stay at home mom... this applies to you too!!!) to your husband or a financial manager who has “discretion” over your accounts?
- you promise yourself that you’ll go on a budget but you never do? Or last a week or two, just like when you go on a diet??
- you have ever gone on a spending spree, using shopping as a means to gratification? But then feel guilty afterwards, sometimes not even knowing where the money has gone?
- you spend money on others, but feel guilty every time you spend on yourself?
- you have ever avoided asking for a raise - even though you know you pull way more weight than your getting paid for?
- you ignore your financial truth, whatever it is – and take a “What I don’t know won’t hurt me” approach.
- you are an entrepreneur, but you are still undercharging and over-delivering on your products and/or services and are trading your life for money by charging an hourly rate.
I am here to tell you that this is not O.K.!!! It is vital that you are confident self-reliant about your finances and your money. It is my mission that ALL women have the information that we need to maintain our freedom and independence and be powerful with our financial resources.
Thank you for creating a space where a community of women can gather and support each other to be smarter with our money, our time and our health. I enjoyed the opportunity to share ideas & support, to learn, and to be inspired. As a financial planner interested in helping women create the life they long to lead I would highly recommend Kiva.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Veris Wealth Partners
I spent over a decade working in the investment management industry, distributing over $100 million per year of investment products. I can teach you about managing money. But what’s far more important is that I need to teach you how to THINK about money.
I quickly realized, when I started my business that if I didn’t change the way that you think about money, I could teach you the most complicated portfolio strategies, and it just wouldn’t matter…
- Think money is a taboo subject, not to be discussed in polite company.
- Have been raised to believe that seeking wealth is “for men”, that wanting financial success makes them seem “shallow” or that “rich” people are “bad.”
- Feel completely insecure about asking for a raise, raising their rates or even asking their own husbands for a financial review!
For me to teach you about your money, we need to get to the root of YOUR belief system about money and CHANGE IT forever!
Because I can assure you that if you do not change what you think, feel and believe about money you could win the lottery tomorrow, and in a short amount of time you will be right back where you are today – you’ve read the stories about how often that happens, right?
Kiva is a breath of fresh air – she has a genuine enthusiasm for life combined with the background and know-how to teach you to reach your goals. She’ll challenge you to aim high, but has a way of making everyone she connects with feel supported and believe in themselves. You can be sure that working with Kiva will empower you to demand more from your life… a better relationship with your money, with the way you eat, and most importantly with the relationship you have with yourself.
CEO of Smart Women's Institute of Entrepreneurial Learning, San Antonio , TX
By participating in MoneyWISE Mentorship you will:
- feel knowledgeable and empowered about your finances, leading to a greater sense of freedom and independence!
- have the security of knowing you can take care of yourself no matter whatt happens and make choices and decisions for yourself without having to gain permission from someone else.
- You are ready to dig deep into your own personal belief systems about success and establish healthier, more constructive and more productive ways to think about money.
- You are ready to ACCEPT your current money situation, see it for what it is (a reflection of your current belief system) and create practical, actionable plans to make lasting and dramatic shifts in your results.
- You are interested in gaining financial stability without making big sacrifices, knowing that YOU are in control and have everything you need to thrive.
At the end of this program you are going to be empowered to make great decisions about your financial future. You will have a plan to move forward, and will know exactly what you need to do to make the necessary changes in your life to meet your financial goals!
I signed up for WISE workshops with a head-full of ideas, a deadline at which time I need to be financially stable and supporting myself and my children, and not much direction. I learned skills I need; not only for time and financial management, but also for uncovering my values, goals and authenticity in the process. I left with concrete plans for action toward my goals and better: the knowledge to act, reflect and refine as I move forward. I left WISE a more confident woman, with an eye toward sustaining balance and wellness. I also left WISE with connections to incredible women whose honesty and willingness to hold me accountable have been invaluable and whose journeys continue to inspire and sustain me. WISE has been an invaluable part of creating the life I want to lead.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET
Our program will take you through a three-month process, each month building on the foundation built in the month before.
Month One: Your Money Mindset
What’s your learned emotional response to money and success? We will dig deep, learn about ourselves, and uncover any blind-spots that we all have when it comes to our money.
I learned early on in my business that if these mindsets are not uncovered, addressed and changed, I could teach you EVERYTHING I know about wealth management and it just wouldn’t matter. We need to get YOU out of YOUR way!
Month Two: Your Money Assessment
This is where a little work is involved. I will teach you to determine:
- your current cash-flow,
- net assets,
- analyze your debt ratio and where to focus on decreasing your debt,
- asset allocation of any current investment, retirement or education accounts
As the saying goes, you can’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you are. This work is vital to moving toward your financial goals.
Month Three: Your Money Future
Here’s where it gets fun! You will decide on the money growth engines that are going to work for you… is it starting a business, investing, paying off debt? We will determine a precise plan of action for you to follow. You’ll learn about investing, taxes and insurance (ooooh, fun right? Actually - we’ll make it fun!). Now that we have opened your mind to the possibilities of growing wealth, it’s time to DREAM BIG and ACT!
Kiva is truly talented in her way of teaching women of all ages the best way to live up to our own worth. Before I met Kiva I really didn’t know what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be. She knows just what to say to make me feel like I can be great, and that as a 20-year old woman, I don’t need to sacrifice my passions for a dead-end job.
With the tools Kiva has given me I am beginning to experience success in my financial and personal life. I am now embracing each day knowing I have what it takes to strive because of the Wise Women Network.
We’ll have a 60-minute group call twice each month over the next four months.
The first call of the month will focus on teaching you what you need to know to accomplish the tasks and assignments for the month. We will have open discussion about the month’s topic and I will be able to teach you how to move quickly toward achieving your financial goals.
The second call, toward the end of the month will be for YOU, to answer all of your questions on the curriculum and assignments. You will be able to receive the feedback of the group and my input into those blind-spots we all have around our money!
MP3’s of ALL CALLS
All calls will be recorded and will be accessible to participants within 24 hours of the call, so that even if you have to miss one, you’ll be able to benefit.
I’ve also found this incredibly helpful in coaching groups that I’ve participated in – so that I can go back and glean the bits of knowledge, information, “to do’s” and gems that are uncovered in these calls. You don’t want to miss anything that comes from the wisdom of the group!
You’ll have access to three self-study modules, one for each month of the program.
These modules run about 45-minutes each and are accessed online.
This is where you’ll learn the basics – how to analyze an investment allocation, good debt vs. bad debt, growth vehicles for wealth, what’s a stock, a bond, an ETF, AND SO MUCH MORE….
Module 1: The Truth About Money
In this module you will learn”
- What money really is – and the “right” money mindset
- The key strategies for allowing money to flow in your life
- The importance of a giving mindset
- Why – with money – a “don’t sweat the small stuff” approach is far more effective than the “latte effect”
- That money is EASY! (Do you believe me? You will after this class!)
Module 2: The Basics of Personal Finance
In this module you will learn:
- How to determine your cash flow, net assets, debt ratio’s
- Good Debt vs. Bad Debt
- Debt Management Strategies – the only method that gets you out of BAD debt for good
- Active Income Stragtegies vs. Passive Income Strategies – and why you need BOTH!
Module 3: Investing for Women
In this module you will learn:
- Why it’s vital that you create your own money growth engines
- Investing basics (because you still need to leverage the power of the stock market)
- What’s a stock, a bond, a mutual fund
- How to know you’re in the right ones!
- When it’s time for a professional adviser, and how to find a good one
- What the Investment Management Industry doesn’t want you to know!
- Strategic Asset Allocation – what every woman needs to know about where to put her money.
PROPRIETARY FINANCIAL SPREADSHEETS
If you’re anything like me, you don’t have much fun doing math! Our spreadsheets make it SO easy for you…. Just input the data as instructed and all the math is done for you! You’ll receive easy to follow instructions on how to input the data, and guidance on how to analyze the results. The spreadsheets are an amazing way to let technology do the work for you!
You will receive:
- Cash Flow Analyzer
- Personal Net Worth Statement
- Net Asset Spreadsheet
- Debt Analyzer
- Yearly Projection Worksheet
PRIVATE GROUP FORUM
You will also have access to a private group forum, where you can post any journaling exercises you want feedback on, and have questions answered between calls. This is where you’ll access the mp3 recordings of our group calls, the self-study modules and have the ability to be supported and support each other.
SOUNDS GREAT! COUNT ME IN…
The Program Begins the week of April 16th! The first 5 women who enroll will also receive a 30-minute jumpstart call before the program begins, so act fast!!
Yes!, Kiva, I am ready to be WISE about my MONEY!! I understand that this is a group program and am willing to commit myself to my success and the success of the other women in my group. I am ready to move toward financial success, break old habits and beliefs, and have a clear and actionable plan to meet my goals! I will receive all of the calls, self-study courses, access to the forum, and also the BONUS asset-allocation analysis.
As a member of the moneyWISE Mentorship Group I will receive:
- TWO group calls each month beginning the week of February 20th!!
- Access to ALL call recordings
- THREE Self-Study Modules – one for each month of the program - that can be conducted on my own time, at my own pace, where I will learn about personal finance, investing and core beliefs about money.
- Customizable spreadsheets to determine my net worth, cash flow, debt ratios, etc.
- Access to a private group forum to post inquiries, epiphanies and results!
- Support from an incredible group of women who share the goal of becoming moneyWISE!
- Complimentary one-year membership to the Wise Women Network ($147 value)
Kiva has shown me that adversity can be turned into something beautiful, that things I think are “problems” aren’t, and that I can create a life that makes me truly happy. She’s shown me how to think the right way about money and resources so that I am not afraid to leverage my assets to my own benefit. Before I started coaching with Kiva, I didn’t think the life I have now was possible. I’m an entrepreneur and the director of my own non-profit!!!
The moneyWISE! Mentorship is NOT for you if:
- You think someone else is going to “take care of you” financially. (Did you know that 75% of all women will be solely responsible for their finances based on death or divorce?)
- You are not ready to acknowledge your situation. (Keeping your head under the pillow will not make it go away!)
- You are judgmental or critical of others OR too protective of your own stories and realities to share them with others (this is a group program after all! For a one-on-one mentorship application email me here).
This is an incredible program that will change the relationship you have with your money – FOREVER! For far less than any competent financial planner would charge you, not only will you have a concrete financial plan – but you will understand it AND work on your money mindset so that you can succeed at reaching your goals.
I know the financial commitment is great, but what’s the cost of not doing this program? Continued struggle with your finances? Continued setbacks? Lack of knowledge and self-reliance about your money? Dependence on someone else?
Not you… you’re too Wise for that.
Cost of Basic Program:
|3 payments of $147|
ABOUT KIVA LEATHERMAN
Kiva Leatherman is the Founder and President of the Wise Women Network, which develops curriculum for women to learn about their wealth and living up to their worth in every aspect of their lives. As a speaker, she encourages women to know themselves, to know about their money and to stop living vicariously through others – to achieve success and happiness on their terms.
Kiva was formerly a Sales Vice President with a major investment firm managing a territory that generated over $100 million in sales annually. She spent over ten years in the investment management industry and was licensed as an NASD series 6, 7, 63 and 56 representative. Although the investment business was definitely a boys club, Kiva found a way to succeed with grace, humor and feminine strength.
Her presentations on women and investing laid the groundwork for what eventually became Wise Workshops and her personal mission to ensure that women are in charge of their own money, their own time and the decisions that they make regarding their nutrition and health.
She teaches women to create a framework for success which gives them the power and freedom to live well.
Kiva graduated with degrees in Psychology and Performing Arts from Washington University in St. Louis. She loves teaching women to get their groove on through dance and is a certified fitness trainer. Kiva lives on the beautiful Seacoast of New Hampshire with her husband, Michael and her young children, Myles and Charlotte.